Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 06 — Whatever tickles your fancy



i have sat here and been putting this one off all day simply because i didnt know wat to choose :/

so i have decided to discuss one of my extreme loves... AERIALS
ever since i saw my first circus as a little tiny girl i have loved the idea of "defying gravity" and soaring through the air on a trapeze. as i grew older i discovered there was more out there to fly on. My first try on a aerial appartatus my beloved cloud swing, i am slowely mastering this piece of amazing-ness but i am slowly finding new loves for new appartus such as tissu, trapeze and aerial ring.
no feeling in the world could compare to that of grasping a bar of a flying trapeze and flying metres in the air and leaving a part of yourself behind.

sadly my body is starting to take some serious permanent injuries, my wrists are now forever slowely slipping out of alignment and popping in pain :(. my elbow has now a permanent rope burn and from learning static trapeze i now have scars on the back of my knee.
but sadly there is something therapeutic about getting new battle wounds after months of no aerials it makes you realise how hard your working..




No comments:

Post a Comment